Saturday, June 26, 2010

Easier Said Than Done








This is Jake's first year in 4-H and I needed to get a picture of him with his sheep for the cover of his project book. I scoped out the area for the perfect spot, which was definitely not in the barn or the pasture. Our wildflowers had recently started to bloom and would make a nice backdrop for the picture. Or so I thought. After 30 minutes of pulling, pushing, dragging, chasing and pleading we finally were able to get one decent shot. What is not captured in the pictures is how dirty and sweaty we were at the end of the photo shoot or all the pretty wildflowers that darn sheep ate. A seemingly sweet sheep can sure turn a small task into a major ordeal.

When we were done I thanked Jake for being such a good sport. His reply, "No mom, thank you. I'm definitely not taking that sheep to the fair. She's too uncooperative." "What?! You mean we have to do this again with another sheep?" I gasped. "Yep mom," he stated with a big grin.

Sheesh, this country living is hard work!

2 comments:

  1. Shanny, thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave such encouraging comments. So glad to have found you, too. I've joined as a follower so I won't forget to come back!

    Your family is beautiful. It's precious how your sons have embraced their new little sister. God is so good to weave hearts together with love. I can't wait to see what God has planned for you all in the future.

    God Bless,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE have some of the same pics trying to get goats to cooperate. You made me smile today.

    Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you better. This looks like a lovely spot to slip off my shoes and refresh myself in God's goodness.

    Splashing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete